HVAC Filter Technician
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time HVAC Filter Technician. This position changes air filters and performs a variety of tasks to maintain and examine the safety and effectiveness of our HVAC equipment.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday from 7:00am to 4:00pm.
- Examines installed heating/air conditioning systems to verify that system is functioning.
- Assists skilled team members with repair and maintenance of HVAC and motors, filters, and clogged drains, loose belts, and ceiling tiles.
- Follows safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Ensure that all HVAC units are secured after replacing filters and appropriate log records on the unit are updated.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining work tickets and time records and logs as required.
- High School diploma or GED.
- HVAC technical certification preferred: strong background in reading and interpreting instructions and safety procedures associated with HVAC processes.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, or extended hours as needed.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Must have own tools: Frequently requires feeling, grasping, holding and handling various tools, including screwdrivers, power tools, and tool sizes; which requires manual dexterity.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.