Housing Operations Manager
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Housing Operations Manager. This position is instrumental in assisting the Housing Operations Director with the planning, operation and implementation of student housing to ensure a positive, healthy and safe living and learning environment for the students.
- Develop and coordinate all processes and committees related to the assignment of student housing, including the traditional school year housing and summer housing.
- Assists Housing Coordinators with customer service complaints with parents/students.
- Review, update and create campus residential policies alongside various staff including, but not limited to, the Dean of Students, Director of Housing and Residence Life staff.
- Use the StarRez housing management system to maintain and analyze data, create and distribute reports, and assist with housing projections.
- Coordinate check-in, check-outs, building audits and walk-throughs alongside Residence Life.
- Collaborate with university marketing department to create and maintain housing related materials and resources.
- Act in the Director of Housing’s absence when necessary, ensuring uninterrupted communications with leadership in other departments.
- Assists the Director of Housing in the creation, management and oversight of the Housing department’s fiscal budget.
- Continually maintain and build new relationships with similar institutions, professional vendors and other university stakeholders to ensure industry-best products and services are offered to residents.
- Hold to and research industry-best practices and education by subscribing to industry trade literature, attending industry conferences and interacting in professional organizations.
- Meet weekly with direct reports to coach, receive project status updates, and provide professional assistance.
- Plan and create staff professional development and team building activities and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3 years’ experience in student affairs, e.g, residence life, housing, student activities or other related student facing customer service role.
- Ability to coach, counsel, advise and mentor staff effectively.
- Ability to represent the University and Housing Operations in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems and software such as housing management software, student management software, etc. and MS Office Suite software.
- Must pass background check.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Lead or supervisory experience.
- Master’s Degree.
- An understanding of student development issues in post-secondary education helpful.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.