Housing Operations Coordinator
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Housing Operations Coordinator. This position is instrumental in assisting the Housing Operations Manager with the planning, operation and implementation of student housing to ensure a positive, healthy and safe living and learning environment for the students.
- Coordinates housing for students for all semesters including planning and implementation of housing application processes, efficiently coordinating and overseeing all housing assignment logistics and ensures other departments are notified in a timely manner to ensure living areas are readied, i.e., Facilities and Residence Life.
- Handles customer service complaints with parents/students and/or referring to appropriate resources; escalates complex complaints to housing operations management.
- Collects, maintains, updates and tracks student housing data, ensuring data integrity, using available software; keeps data up to date to ensure reports are accurate; generates reports as requested.
- Retrieves and analyzes data from software on a regular basis for auditing student housing reservations and occupancy.
- Utilizes audited data to identify those students no longer eligible for University housing based upon Policy and acts appropriately which may include preparation and delivery of eviction notices and physical evictions with the aid of Public Safety staff.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with other University representatives and ensures the University’s customer service standards are upheld in communicating with students, parents and internal staff.
- Lead formal presentations with stakeholders regarding housing information.
- Assists in compiling information on housing for formal weekly meetings.
- Assists in brainstorming meetings with Marketing Department in creating promotional/informational material about GCU housing for its targeted audiences.
- Keeps current on industry best practices and technological innovations as related to position and notifies management of opportunities, and makes recommendations on process improvement(s).
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- One year experience in residential life and student housing.
- An understanding of student development issues in post-secondary education helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem resolution skills.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with computer systems and software such as housing management software, student management software, etc. and MS Office Suite software.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.