Hotel General Maintenance
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
GCU’s Hotel and Conference Center is seeking a full time General Maintenance Crew member. Working under supervision, performs a variety of unskilled or semiskilled activities related to Facilities operations and services, including ground and building maintenance, repair, and/or space/event/logistics assignments.
- May work independently, or part of a team, to complete a variety of work order assignments or supervisor-assigned tasks, maintaining accurate logs or records.
- May work on setting up and breaking down office furniture, cubicles or modular furniture and office equipment.
- May assist with space planning, drawings, etc. as requested.
- Transports a variety of furniture and electronic/office equipment such as: computers, phones, filing cabinets, wall art, copiers, printers, conference room equipment, removable fixtures, electronic and non-electronic white boards, televisions or monitors, receivers such as DVD or VCR players, computer servers, electronic display boards, film screens, audio-visual equipment, office-kitchen equipment such as refrigerators, microwaves, coffee machines, tables, chairs, shelving, etc. from one location to another using hands, hand carts, trucks, etc.
- May order and/or pick up materials and supplies from vendors or GCU-maintained warehouse.
- May operate or drive vehicles such as forklift, trucks, golf carts, gators, etc.
- May assist in preparing new facilities for office moves as needed such as minor repairs, applying paint/varnish, filling cracks/holes, replacing light fixture covers, etc..
- May operate a variety of hand or power tools such as drills, saws, hammers, screw drivers, wrenches, power paint spray, etc.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Prior experience is helpful.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Must have the physical strength and capability to lift, carry and move up to 50 pounds independently as well as push/pull equipment on carts, climb stairs and walk long distances across campus for extended periods.
- Must be able read drawings, space plans or blueprints with good spatial recognition.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively with team partners.
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings, holidays as necessary.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions and occupational hazards with a willingness to follow safety guidelines and/or precautions.
- Good customer service orientation.
- Ability to work efficiently and follow instructions or directions from others.
- Ability to cope effectively with changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must pass background checks.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.