Hotel Assistant Manager
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Hotel Assistant Manager. In this position you will be responsible for supervision of all departments while on duty and will ensure all staff members are performing according to agreed upon procedures and Service Standards.
- Responsible for operating all aspects of hotel reservation system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis and simple configuration changes.
- Verifies room status information is maintained within system and all staff are knowledgeable about how to confirm and review to ensure no overbooking.
- Review Front Office Log book and guest feedback on daily basis and take corrective action where necessary to reduce "negative" feedback.
- Responsible for ensuring guest conflict is resolved through appropriate service recovery steps; provides coaching to ensure staff can handle situations on own where possible.
- Ensures all department work scheduling meets adequate staffing levels.
- Address and correct maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations, etc.
- Ensures all staff provide exceptional customer service in all touch points with customers
- Responsible for ensuring all departments are operating in a service environment which assists the business to establish a regular clientele whilst promoting and continually upselling and maximizing every sales opportunity.
- Provides recommendations to improve upon service standards to meet and exceed the expectations of guests.
- Monitors cash handling procedures to ensure adherence, including preparation and calculation of beverage bills and food bills, and cashing up of tills
- Ensure security is maintained and events are staffed appropriately and in accordance with licensing laws and GCU Security Procedures
- Inspect facilities regularly on duty and ensure all health and safety standards are being followed and/or met.
- Assist in the selection process and training of new staff to ensure a high quality product and service level is delivered to guests
- Ensure employee conduct, uniform and personal hygiene requirements are adhered to
- Report and where possible take action in any incidents of complaint, accident, fire, loss or damage
- To promote a positive attitude and team ethos, including ‘lead by example’, for the department, setting the pace and standards and encouraging mutual respect
- Inspire & motivate all hotel staff to achieve customer service standards which would have an impact on revenue and profitability
- Provide on the spot coaching as well as formal training to the team to ensure all staff are knowledge about service standards, regulatory requirements (food handling, safety, etc) and updates on changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in restaurant/hotel food operations
- Minimum of at least one year’s experience in leadership/supervisory role in food and beverage or front office of a lodging or restaurant.
- Demonstrates excellent customer services skills and is able to train and teach staff customer service skills.
- Knowledgeable about restaurant operations and familiar with all positions.
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on the guest and customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, senior management and all staff.
- Computer skills and POS experience required
- Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation regulations.
- Strong ability to identify root causes of service problems, develop effective solution and implement to resolve problems that are impacting the ability to deliver a high quality product and customer service.
- Ability to handle escalated issues quickly and effectively.
- Working knowledge of Responsible Service standards for alcohol
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays or extended hours as needed.
- Willing to respond to emergency requests outside of normal work hours.
- Ability to pass background investigations.
- Conversational Spanish would be beneficial.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.