Head Coach - Women's Soccer
Grand Canyon University (GCU) is currently seeking a Head Coach for Women’s Soccer. The Head Women's Soccer Coach is responsible for the management and administration of all phases of the Women’s Soccer program in a manner that upholds the philosophy and objectives of the GCU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, including adherence to all department policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, Western Athletic Conference, and the NCAA.
The Women's Soccer Head Coach is responsible for carrying out coaching and administrative duties for the women's soccer program including, but not limited to:
- Preparing and organizing practice sessions to enhance team's performance
- Scouting and recruiting prospective student-athletes to build competitive team
- Demonstrated ability to motivate student-athletes toward competitive and academic success;
- Managing budget and awarding scholarships
- In conjunction with the Sports Performance and Sports Medicine staff, developing training and conditioning program
- Hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating coaching staff
- Communicating with media, alumni, and friends of the University
- Serving as a mentor to student-athletes helping them develop academically, physically, and socially
- Attendance, participation, and promotion at Athletic Departmental and University Meetings as scheduled.
- May perform duties which require irregular hours, out of town and/or overnight travel.
- Promotes good sportsmanship.
- Operates with the utmost integrity to ensure the staff and student-athletes adhere to university, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum of three years related post-undergraduate experience; Three years of NCAA D1 coaching experience preferred;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record and occasionally operates University vehicles.
- CPR, First Aid and Coaches’ Safety Training certifications required; AED helpful.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. This job is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including ability to establish and build a good rapport and effective working relationships with student athletes, coaches, assistant coaches, administrators, college faculty and staff, alumni, professional colleagues, the community or general public and representatives of local and national affiliations.
- Understanding and adherence to the University mission.
- Student and diversity oriented.
- Advanced knowledge of the fundamentals of assigned sports including game rules, regulations and officiating; well versed in game development strategy.
- Strong leader who can effectively motivate staff to deliver performance results.
- Knowledgeable of University, NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Certification in NCAA off-campus recruiting or ability to pass the testing requirements.
- Sound judgment, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite software and familiarity with sport applicable software preferred.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.