Graduate Assistant - Women's Basketball
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Graduate Assistant to serve in an administrative support role for the Women’s Basketball team.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks including preparation of Power Point presentations, data entry and analysis, web site development, collating marketing materials and presentations.
- Provide assistance with event planning for community or other outreach meetings
- Support departmental processes related student recruitment including contacting prospective students, creation of marketing materials, peer advising/mentoring, conducting campus tours and orientation activities, and delivery of presentations
- May supervise set up of labs, either in physical sciences or computer sciences
- Assist a faculty member with a research project or the development of new course material.
- Configuration and management of servers used in the delivery of distance courses.
- Responsible for planning and organizing the activities of an assigned program, project, unit or function and ensuring the activities’ infrastructure is in place.
- Develops and schedules program work plans in accordance with specifications and funding limitation; oversees daily operations and coordinates activities of programs and determines priorities.
- Partners and collaborates with various internal contacts, or customers, to coordinate activities, promote and encourage cooperation of submission or collection of information/data, products or services or process improvement.
- Manages the flow of activities and acts as liaison to all others involved in the operation.
- May meet with or communicate with customers, clients, contacts, vendors, external to Grand Canyon University and ensures GCU is well represented
- May arrange meetings, events, activities, professional development classes, coordinating all logistical activities necessary with the appropriate department or external venue, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Prepares documentation, reports, and progress information or performance metrics for presentation or review of management.
- Inputs and maintains data into various software applications such as MS Excel, internal databases, expense accounting, procurement, MS Access, websites, social media or conference scheduling software.
- Follows up with other departments to ensure information, data or activities are performed or delivered as necessary.
- Provides customer service support as needed for all the operation’s customers, internal and external contacts, employees, staff and management.
- Ensures compliance to required state and federal regulations when required.
- Must be enrolled in GCU master’s program.
- Must be able to maintain academic GPA of 3.0
- May only work 20 hours per week but may require evenings and weekend hours.
- Computer proficiency including email, internet, MS Office Suite, social media platforms and other software applications.
- Knowledge of planning and organizational practices to ensure smooth operations and to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working independently without direction or oversight.
- Meticulous with a keen attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Outstanding communications skills, including verbal and written with a good command of the English language.
- Good relationship management skills and ability to work cohesively in a team environment requiring good social and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work simultaneously on multiple projects of varying sizes and detail requirement.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities, rolling deadlines and a fast-paced environment effectively.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.