Graduate Assistant - Welcome Programs
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a part-time Graduate Assistant that will report to the Director of Welcome Operations. In this position you will be required to work 20 hours per week.
- Collaborates with Parent & Family Programs to assist in coordinating of Family Weekend and other family events
- Assists in coordinating New Student Orientation, Welcome Week and other university events, as needed
- Researches industry standards and communicates benchmarks to leadership
- Reviews departmental needs and expectations and determines most effective means of execution of specific duties to ensure goals are met in a timely fashion.
- Recommends solutions to issues or problems that may surface.
- May meet with or communicate with customers, clients, contacts, vendors, external to Grand Canyon University and ensures GCU is well represented
- May arrange meetings, events, activities, professional development classes, coordinating all logistical activities necessary with the appropriate department or external venue, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Prepares documentation, reports, and progress information or performance metrics for presentation or review of management.
- Inputs and maintains data into various software applications such as MS Excel, internal databases, expense accounting, procurement, MS Access, websites, social media or conference scheduling software.
- Follows up with other departments to ensure information, data or activities are performed or delivered as necessary.
- Provides customer service support as needed for all the operation’s customers, internal and external contacts, employees, staff and management.
- Ensures compliance to required state and federal regulations when required.
- Must be enrolled in GCU master’s program, preferably in a business, leadership, communications, or higher education administration field.
- Must be able to maintain academic GPA of 3.0.
- Ability to work during normal business hours, maximum of 20 hours per week.
- Knowledge of planning and organizational practices to ensure smooth operations and to meet deadlines.
- Outstanding communications skills, including verbal and written with a good command of the English language.
- Good relationship management skills and ability to work cohesively in a team environment requiring good social and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work simultaneously on multiple projects of varying sizes and detail requirement.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities, rolling deadlines and a fast-paced environment effectively.
- Must be willing to work when necessary beyond normal business hours which may include evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Computer proficiency including email, internet, MS Office Suite, social media platforms and other software applications.
- Must pass background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.