Graduate Assistant - Men's Volleyball
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a part-time graduate assistant who serves in an athletic coach/trainer role for Men’s Volleyball. Performs recruiting, coaching of sport specifics or performance training and/or any other operational duties needed to support the athletes.
- Assists the Head Coach with all aspects of coaching a Division I intercollegiate program.
- Recruitment of talented student-athletes.
- Coaches in-season practices and contests.
- General promotion and development of the sports program.
- Complies with NCAA rules, University policies and department guidelines.
- Assists with team community service projects, special events and camps.
- May assist in mentoring, or providing instructional coaching to less experienced staff members.
- Must be enrolled in a GCU master’s program.
- Must be able to maintain academic GPA of 3.0.
- Must be willing to work when necessary beyond normal business hours which will require travel with the teams as needed.
- Computer proficiency including email, internet, MS Office Suite, social media platforms and other software applications.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.