Graduate Assistant - Athletics Social Media Marketing
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University's Marketing department is seeking Graduate Assistants to assist with the management of the university's athletics social media communities and works across teams and departments to ensure proper messaging is being executed.
- Develops relationships with coaching staff and athletes to gain trust, keep social media top of mind and have access to quality behind-the-scenes content from the team.
- Helps create and schedule content for all social media platforms
- Assists in the execution of deployment of university-wide athletics campaigns and social media marketing strategies.
- Travels with team to provide visibility to team activities on and off campus.
- Works with athletics to ensure NCAA compliance with all content.
- Writes and inputs messaging and content to various profiles and applications; monitors and tracks discussion topics, key bloggers, etc.
- Supports and protects accounts to ensure positive messaging is maintained in the communities and establishes consistency of messages.
- Creates and monitors event pages, announcements, messages and conversations.
- Stays alert to and recognizes trends in social media, audience behavior and engagement, within our communities, reports on statistics, creates metrics and recommends and implements changes as necessary.
- Utilize social media tracking tools to produce weekly reports that evaluate the performance and effectiveness of social media campaigns.
- Tracks key social media users and engages when appropriate
- Be admitted to a graduate degree seeking program at GCU. (Certificate only programs do not satisfy this requirement.)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0. (If a student is newly admitted to the University, the admission GPA is considered for this requirement.) A student must also maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 during their employment.
- Requires full-time enrollment in an approved GCU online graduate study program.
- Graduate Assistants are eligible for waiver of tuition for the period employed. Waiver of tuition may be taxable income.
- Graduate Assistants have restricted work hours (maximum of 29 hours per week).
- Proficient with the complete Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher) social platforms, social media spaces and uses, and programs like Hootsuite and UberVu. Photoshop a plus.
- An active user of key social media spaces which may include a mix of blogs, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and other current social networking sites with knowledge of "social networking speak".
- Knowledge of college athletics and a willingness to gain an in-depth understanding of assigned sports.
- Tech-savvy with a knack for micro-blogging and creating mutually beneficial relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including verbal and written along with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to create or generate new social media communities.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.