General Maintenance Crew Member
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a General Maintenance Worker who under general supervision performs preventive, routine and small-effort general maintenance in the designated facilities. The position is typically is assigned to provide services to a specific building but may provide assistance to University housing buildings as well.
Schedule: Wednesday - Sunday 7am - 4pm or Monday - Friday, 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Provides a high level of customer service to students and/or faculty and staff.
- Assists in processing and responding to maintenance requests for assigned building in a timely manner, escalates requests as necessary to the appropriate maintenance specialization such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.
- Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures, light fixtures and switches, ballasts, doors and related hardware, windows and screens, window coverings, trim, floor coverings including tile, hardwood, laminate or carpeting, furnishings and other fixtures as necessary.
- Repairs parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials and concrete.
- Patches, paints and/or finishes various types of hard surfaces.
- Assesses any damages to building, furnishings and/or rooms and identifies type of repair work needed.
- Responds to emergency needs and requests within designated time frames.
- Maintains logs and records as requested.
- Observes safety and security procedures and determines the appropriate action beyond guidelines and reports unsafe conditions to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some trade school/training is preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in general maintenance, building maintenance, renovation or construction.
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, HVAC, painting/plastering, drywall repair, plumbing and general maintenance.
- Willing to respond to emergency requests outside of normal work hours.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays or extended hours as needed.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.