GCU Hotel Maintenance Technician
GCU’s Hotel and Conference Center is seeking a full time Maintenance Technician. This individual will be responsible for performing necessary repairs and preventive maintenance tasks in a manner responsive to guest satisfaction and to preservation of Company assets in a safe, cost- effective manner. This individual will also be responsible for maintenance of the pool facilities which includes daily cleaning, disinfecting and maintenance of the pool and spas, pool circulation, chemical management, water quality management, pool grounds maintenance.
- Completes repair orders for general repair as requested within allotted time frame; Prioritizes work day by always placing guest impact and safety items first. Immediately communicates any expected delays in completing items to the Manager on Duty.
- Maintains and manages work orders in computer system as well as completes work orders on a timely basis. Communicates status of any Out of Order rooms daily to Manager on Duty.
- Assists in meeting room set-up and breakdown, as required or assigned.
- Ensures that property and equipment are maintained in a safe manner, and that all repairs are made as specified by manufacturer. Reports any unsafe conditions to management.
- Assists in checking and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Interior and exterior painting, repair damaged walls and dry wall, replaces windows, installs carpet, base board and vinyl tiles.·
- Removes damaged room appliances and installs replacements·
- Performs general carpenter related tasks as well as landscaping and parking lot repairs.
- Assists with completion of the preventative maintenance
checklist and completes minor repair work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, lighting fixtures, etc. to maintain the hotel and keep product quality to standards.·
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Assists in checking electrical systems such as, light
switches, electrical panels, television sets, lighting systems, and makes minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Ensures pool and spa equipment are running properly and are sanitary by inspecting regularly, maintaining bacterial standards and filtration standards, performs maintenance when needed.
- Complies with Maricopa County, AZ Environmental Services Department’s Swimming Pool Compliance Regulations, safeguarding the University by ensuring all requirements are met including bathing loads, required signs and notices are posted, and cooperating with inspections.
- Ensures the University remains in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Observes safety rules and requirements at all times especially when handling chemicals.
- High school diploma, or the equivalent,/
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in general maintenance role.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator certification) is required or must obtain certification with the first 90 days of employment.
- Prior experience with maintaining commercial, community or public pools is helpful but not necessary.
- Familiarity with the Americans with Disabilities Act requirements with regard to access to the pool and spa facilities.
- Knowledge of environmental friendly products, including chlorine alternatives, is helpful.
- Must be familiar with and conform to OSHA, NIOSH and ADOSH policies, procedures and requirements to ensure safety is maintained at all times.
- Must have the physical stamina to clean and operate pools, lift and/or carry up to 75 pounds.
- regarding GCU pools; may involve different work shifts as required.
- Understand basic troubleshooting testing procedures.
- Basic awareness of how to use schematics. Use electrical and manual hand tools.
- Requires general knowledge of building maintenance to include minor electrical repair, and plumbing.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively with team partners.
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings, holidays as necessary.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.