Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a full time Furniture Installer to perform a variety of unskilled or semiskilled activities related to Facilities operations and services, including ground and building maintenance, repair, and/or space/event/logistics assignments.
- May work independently, or part of a team, to complete a variety of work order assignments or supervisor-assigned tasks, maintaining accurate logs or records.
- May work on setting up and breaking down office furniture, cubicles or modular furniture and office equipment.
- May assist with space planning, drawings, etc. as requested.
- Transports a variety of office or classroom furniture and electronic/office equipment such as: computers, phones, filing cabinets, wall art, copiers, printers, conference room equipment, removable fixtures, electronic and non-electronic white boards, televisions or monitors, receivers such as DVD or VCR players, computer servers, electronic display boards, film screens, audio-visual equipment, office-kitchen equipment such as refrigerators, microwaves, coffee machines, tables, chairs, shelving, etc. from one location to another using hands, hand carts, trucks, etc.
- May operate or drive vehicles such as forklift, trucks, golf carts, gators, etc.
- May assist in preparing new facilities for office moves as needed such as minor repairs, applying paint/varnish, filling cracks/holes, replacing light fixture covers, etc..
- May operate a variety of hand or power tools such as drills, saws, hammers, screw drivers, wrenches, power paint spray, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have the physical strength and capability to lift, carry and move up to 50 pounds independently as well as push/pull equipment on carts, climb stairs and walk long distances across campus for extended periods.
- Must be able read drawings, space plans or blueprints with good spatial recognition.
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings, holidays as necessary.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions and occupational hazards with a willingness to follow safety guidelines and/or precautions.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Prior experience is helpful.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.