Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Floor Technician. This position is primarily responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet (stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction, & bonneting) areas that include offices, classrooms, lobbies, entrances, stairwells, residence halls and apartments and any other GCU spaces. The schedule for the position is on the night shift from 12:00am to 9:00am.
- Ensures cleaning supplies and equipment needed for daily shift are available and accessible.
- Observes safety and security procedures at all times.
- Performs preventative maintenance check on all equipment prior to use at beginning and end of the shift.
- Handles floor care, including routine mopping (dry and damp), buffing and burnishing on hard surfaces, stripping, waxing, polishing, power washing.
- Provides floor maintenance; including but not limited to, vacuuming, shampooing, minimum bonneting and extracting carpets, stairwells which includes concrete sealing and high dusting.
- Completing daily work logs and/or monthly activity reports.
- Provide other cleaning services: such as, dusting, routine restroom, office, and classroom cleaning.
- Assist with new members of team in demonstrating proper floor care procedures.
- Other cleaning and maintenance duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, is required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in floor cleaning capacity or related work experience.
- A combination of relevant work experience, education and training may be substituted upon approval of the hiring manager.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and weekend assignments.
- Knowledgeable of janitorial products, green cleaning products and cleaning agents and the best uses for such with regard to commercial cleaning as well as the proper disposal of chemicals.
- Possess considerable knowledge of the operation, use and care of vacuum cleaners, scrubbing machines, polishing machines and general housekeeping equipment.
- Work constantly involves the use of cleaning chemicals, compounds, solvents or biodegradable chemicals which may be inhaled or unintentionally splashed on skin and eyes.
- Occasionally may require carrying portable "backpack" vacuums.
- Frequently involves the operation of cleaning equipment such as floor scrubbers and buffers.
- Frequently involves pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, holding, carrying, reaching, reaching above the shoulders, stooping, bending at the waist, bending at the knees, kneeling, bending side to side, crouching, standing on step stools or small ladders, balancing.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.