Working under general supervision, this individual serves as the key liaison to the shared services financial analysis team for GCU. Responsible to develop short and long range financial data; provides analysis, advice, and counsel regarding finance and budget matters; participates in budget planning processes, monitors revenue and spending as assigned; monitors capital expenditures; prepares reports, and contributes to projects such as those related to benchmarking and process improvement. Individual must quickly learn the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures that includes familiarity of other departments.
- Analyses financial data; interprets data to determine past financial performance and to project future financial performance.
- Works with stakeholders to refine and enhance comprehensive financial models/reports with limited assumptions and/or past historical data provided by the shared services team.
- Reviews costs and performs cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs.
- Performs statistical, cost and financial analysis of data reported in various financial systems
- Reviews financial reports and enhances reports for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Performs high level expenditure and revenue forecasting analysis, capital improvement projection cost studies, and other related matters pertaining to budget projections in order to assist senior management and department heads to make informed decisions.
- Analyses budget requests and prepares related recommendations and alternatives to identify various budgetary impacts regarding proposed programs/projects during the annual budget process and throughout the fiscal year.
- Partners with the shared services team to ensure GCU management have the tools and reports necessary to develop and modify their budgets throughout the fiscal year.
- Assists with the final compilation of the annual financial plan.
- Prepares and delivers ad hoc reports and handles other projects as assigned.
- Stays abreast of current trends, government regulatory environments, technology and GCU policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or other related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum three years relevant professional experience.
- Advanced Excel and Database skills, including extensive experience building financial models, preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to present data, reports and analyses in an effective manner to a variety of audiences.
- CPA preferred.
- A broad knowledge of and ability to utilize principles, methods, techniques and systems of financial management.
- Ability to coordinate difficult and complex programs to determine financial viability.
- Ability to develop, apply, and adjust financial plans and policies to assist departments in attaining objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of key management.
- Skilled in being able to identify negative trending financial issues and able to recommend sound, reasonable approach to alleviate.
- Basic understanding of serving as the administrator of an organization’s financial program.
- Good planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledgeable of accounting principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Highly skilled in extracting data from database systems.
- Highly proficient in ability to utilize computer and Microsoft applications.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.