Financial Analyst II
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Financial Analyst II. The Financial Analyst II will develop short and long range financial and budgetary data.
- Analyze financial data and extract and define relevant information; interpret data to determine past financial performance and to project future financial performance.
- Prepare comprehensive financial models/reports with limited assumptions and/or past historical data.
- Develop financial reports for forecasting, trending, and results analysis
- Attend formal and informal management planning, policy and decision-making sessions concerning matters involving important financial considerations to fulfill requests for financial data and advice.
- Perform high level expenditure and revenue forecasting analysis, capital improvement projection cost studies, and other related matters pertaining to budget projections in order to assist senior management and department heads to make informed decisions.
- Analyze budget requests and prepares related recommendations and alternatives to identify various budgetary impacts regarding proposed programs/projects during the annual budget process and throughout the fiscal year.
- Participate in the preparation and compilation of the bond covenant compliance, Department Of Education financial compliance and other related analysis.
- Prepare and deliver ad hoc reports and handles other projects as assigned.
- Stay abreast of current trends, government regulatory environments, technology and GCU policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or other related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum five years relevant professional experience.
- Advanced Excel and Database skills, including extensive experience building financial models, preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to present data, reports, and analyses in an effective manner to a variety of audiences.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Free Covered parking, access to campus activity center and onsite gym
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!