Faculty - Social Work - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Please Note: This is a 12-month faculty position and will be based on our Main Campus in Phoenix, AZ.
- Teaches undergraduate courses or graduate courses within the requisite discipline meeting the required course load requirements.
- Develops and provides instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies and other trends that reflect advances in the requisite discipline educational instruction.
- Engages students within classroom to stimulate discussions for collective learning.
- Incorporates relevant research resources and experiential activities to support course objectives, lectures and learning outcomes.
- Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading.
- Assists students outside classroom hours and actively mentors students.
- Maintains compliance with requirements for program accreditation.
- Develops and maintains the field evaluation process.
- Collaborates with the operational Field Experience department (OFE) in providing expert guidance about articulation agreements and any other field experience placement practices/policies.
- Evaluates GCU Site Supervisor performance, and provides training, leadership, coaching and recommendations to Site Supervisors regarding unique situations and/or performance which may interfere with the student’s ability to complete clinical field experience.
- Assist Director with establishing external community relationships that promote and support the social work programs, college, and university. Ensures the integration of field education as a component of the overall social work program.
- Assists and supports in the process of obtaining accreditation for the master’s and bachelor level social work programs.
- Participates in social work program admissions committee, and other committees as assigned.
- Develops and maintains relationships with professional contacts to support internship programs, project collaborations and student mentoring.
- Assists college administration in developing internal and external communities that promote the Colleges academic programs/majors.
- Maintains compliance with all college and University policies and program accreditation/licensure requirements.
- Availability to provide 24-hour turnaround responses to student questions and concerns.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Master's Degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited social work program
- Hold and maintain a professional social work license
- 2+ years’ of social work experience
- 2+ years’ of post-secondary academic experience in any capacity.
- Membership in a professional social work association
- Doctorate degree in Social Work or related field
- 1+ years’ in an administrative/managerial capacity in a social work-based agency or setting.
We also have on-campus and remote, part-time, Adjunct positions available. To view a list of all Adjunct openings please click here.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.