Faculty - RN to BSN Program Lead - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time lead Faculty for RN-BSN.
Target start is immediate and please note, this position is a ground position at our Phoenix campus and is NOT remote.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities of the Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program Lead include:
- Assists in providing administrative leadership for the Programs and supervises faculty in designated program areas.
- Ensures that educational needs of students and the community are met.
- Administers the program according to the mission, strategic plan, policies, procedures and agreements of the institution.
- Ensures compliance with state and national accreditation standards.
- Serves as liaison for GCU and other significant community stakeholders.
- Ensures timely communication and information to all stakeholders.
- Attends sessions to facilitate communication and problem resolution between students and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions.
- Communicates student issues to the appropriate University department for resolution.
- Conducts follow-up call with University departments to ensure problem closure.
- Teaches courses with a full load minus administrative release time.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required. PhD or DNP preferred.
- 5 or more years of related experience.
- 2 or more years as a registered nurse providing direct patient care.
- Unencumbered, current Registered Nurse licensure in Arizona or a compact state.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, and highly effective presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present College of Nursing and Health Care Professions related information to senior management levels.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.