Faculty - RN to BSN - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions. The College boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Faculty member for RN-BSN.
Please note, this position is a ground position at our Phoenix campus and is NOT remote.
- Equipping students with the required skill set
- Facilitating classroom discussions
- Assessing student performance
- Preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession.
- Collaborates with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical and lab objectives.
- Participates in grading written and Clinical/Lab performance check-offs.
- Preserves lines of communication with program faculty and director including attendance in select faculty meetings.
- Remains current with new trends and development in the specific field of nursing practice
- Maintains compliance with requirements for program accreditation.
- Upholds the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Masters of Science in a Health related field required. PhD or DNP preferred.
- 5 or more years of related experience.
- 2 or more years as a registered nurse providing direct patient care.
- Unencumbered, current Registered Nurse licensure in Arizona or a compact state.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, and highly effective presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present College of Nursing and Health Care Professions related information to senior management levels.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.