Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Faculty Manager to support the dissertation process in our doctoral programs. This position will support the procedures for conducting dissertation research, consult with doctoral learners and GCU faculty on the dissertation process, and help manage escalations and/or faculty and student concerns. Candidates should demonstrate critical thinking and management skills, and interact effectively with doctoral learners, faculty, and administration. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with multiple colleges and university administrative teams.
- Supports new initiatives and strategies to improve the overall quality of doctoral programs and dissertation research.
- Supports processes and procedures for dissertation research in doctoral programs.
- Augments methodology resources for learners and faculty.
- Consults on dissertation process knowledge for learners in GCU doctoral programs.
- Supports IRB and AQR processes.
- Supports the implementation of Doctoral Residencies.
- Supports curriculum development efforts for Ed.D., DBA, Ph.D. programs
- Works collaboratively with multiple colleges and departments and interacts effectively with doctoral learners, faculty and administration.
- Master’s degree in behavioral/social sciences, Business, or Education or a related field; Doctoral degree preferred.
- At least 1- 3 years of experience in higher education.
- Experience in doctoral programs.
- Research publication record, preferred.
- Management experience desired.
- Experience working in a virtual team environment desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and Visio.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.