Faculty - Hospitality - Colangelo College of Business
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The Colangelo College of Business at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full-time faculty member for Hospitality (open to all ranks). The position provides instruction that incorporates practitioner knowledge, that reflect advances and expertise in specific areas of the hospitality disciplines: hotel/restaurant management, resort operations, tourism, event planning, food and beverage management and entertainment management. Applicants need to be committed to undergraduate education in hospitality management-related fields and demonstrate a passion to teach and provide service to GCU students. This is a nine-month fulltime faculty position and will have an anticipated start date of Aug 2019.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares and delivers lectures to primarily undergraduate students, with the opportunity to instruct graduate students as well, within the prescribed curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground or online classroom.
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Remains current in the field of hospitality management areas and effective teaching techniques.
- May teach other areas of business operations, management, and/or marketing classes as well as hospitality-specific courses.
- Maintains required teaching load each semester.
- Participates in faculty and Colangelo College of Business meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU mission and educational learning outcomes.
- Preferred: PhD/DBA Management or PhD/DBA Hospitality Management or PhD/DBA Recreation and Tourism. Minimum: Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Hospitality Management or Masters in Recreation and Tourism Management; a successful candidate can also hold a degree from a variety of fields, including operations management, supply chain management, information systems, food science, nutritional science, communication, management, or other business-related disciplines if meet industry experience requirements.
- Post-secondary experience teaching hospitality courses.
- Significant (5+ years desired), documented, hospitality industry experience in a leadership/management role such as Director-level, GM or Assistant Manager
- Ability and experience teaching across disciplines (e.g. revenue generation across various areas, business operations, marketing and/or management) is a plus.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.