Faculty - FNP Program Lead - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at our campus in Phoenix, AZ. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Lead Faculty for the FNP Program. Target start is immediate and please note, this position is a ground position at our Phoenix campus and is NOT remote.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include:
- Assists in providing administrative leadership for the FNP Program and supervises faculty in designated program areas.
- Ensures educational needs of the students and community are met.
- Administers the program according to the mission, strategic plan, policies, procedures and agreements of the institution.
- Ensures compliance with state and national accreditation standards.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, i.e. BON
- Recruits faculty and provides a positive on-boarding experience.
- Serves as liaison for GCU and other significant community stakeholders.
- Ensures timely communication and information to all stakeholders.
- Attends sessions to facilitate communication and problem resolution between students and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions.
- Communicates student issues to the appropriate University department for resolution.
- Conducts follow-up call with University departments to ensure problem closure.
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice preferred; MSN required
- Unencumbered, current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required.
- Must hold and maintain active National Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a university setting.
- Preferred work experience with Advanced Practice Registered Nursing programs.
- Prior management experience level preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
We also have on-campus and remote, part-time, Adjunct positions available. To view a list of all Adjunct openings please click here.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.