Faculty - Exercise Science - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Exercise Science Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. Through hands-on, project-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure. It features programs in pre-professional Biology, Forensic Science, Chemistry, Environmental Science, and Exercise science, alongside degrees in Information Systems and Engineering.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. Faculty cultivate a supportive classroom environment, provide for the mentorship of students in our science programs, and have the opportunity to participate in faculty-driven research projects coupled to undergraduate student training. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
We are currently hiring Exercise Science Faculty in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology who will normally teach 4-5 undergraduate sections per term, and provide student support and service to the College and University. Please note, this is a 9-month position that starts in August 2019 for the Fall and Spring semesters, with supplemental teaching opportunities available in the summer. This position will teach a variety of Exercise Science coursework, with a focus on Sports Performance/Strength and Conditioning. Please attach a complete CV and 1-2 page Teaching Statement to your online application. Your Teaching Statement should include a summary of the coursework you are prepared to teach and your experience with each.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. This is a 9-month position. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Teach courses within the major.
- Assist students outside classroom hours.
- Stay current on topics and practices related to the discipline
- Participate in curriculum design & development.
- Actively support college/university mission and initiatives.
- Actively participate on college and/or university committees
- Assist the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University.
- Provide leadership to adjunct faculty
- Actively engage in professional development activities
- Compliance with all college and University policies.
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, or closely-related field
- NSCA/CSCS certification
- One year of professional experience in the field of strength and conditioning/sports performance at the collegiate level or higher.
- One year of instructional experience at the post-secondary level
- Familiarity with web-enhanced instructional tools such as Angel/Blackboard/Loudcloud
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated teamwork, self-motivation, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Ph.D. in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, or closely-related field, with strong knowledge and teaching experience in human musculoskeletal function.
- NSCA/CSCS certification and ACSM certification in clinical exercise physiology.
- Five years of professional experience in the field of strength and conditioning/sports performance at the collegiate level or higher.
- Three years of instructional experience at the post-secondary level, that includes teaching courses, conducting and managing learning experiences, evaluating student achievement, providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation, and evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.