Facility Operations Services Manager
- Develops, and directs the University’s Facility Operations Services function
- Analyzes, recommends, and implements changes to work management programs for the purpose of improving operating efficiency
- Develops and oversees the service contract process which includes developing RFPs and interfacing with vendors who perform facility repairs and improvements
- Oversees utility analysis; steers analysis of energy consumption and makes recommendations for investment in energy projects.
- Reviews facility work proposals/requests to determine validity, the priority ranking, and timeline for action and make decisions on courses of action to complete work
- Identifies potential funding sources for proposed projects and pursues available federal and state grant funding opportunities or utility incentive programs
- Oversees facility condition assessments and prioritizes maintenance and repairs
- Provides input in developing the three-year capital maintenance plan, deferred maintenance plan and oversees the projects which are approved
- Conducts life cycle cost analyses for facilities regarding returns on investment and other financial reviews in developing and presenting business cases
- Collect and analyze a variety of complex data and information, including utility costs and usage. Performs statistical analysis and summarizes findings in applicable reports or other communication mediums.
- Develops program for overall facilities wide essential training for all facilities operational functions; ensures all training is conducted as specified; may involve obtaining and scheduling training by vendors for specific equipment or operational systems.
- Support the overall delivery of facility service operations in terms of contract delivery, M&E services, legislative compliance, and contractor management.
- Monitor PM schedules, O&M’s warranties, and Asset Life cycle for existing and new offices.
- Ensure defined scope of works are delivered with excellence and consistency across the range of services.
- Work collaboratively with all facilities management to establish, maintain and update facilities’ standards as needed.
- Perform related duties consistent with scope and intent of employee assignment; as well as other duties when needed to ensure facilities department meets service deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the fields of Engineering, Business Administration, Resource Management, or related field and minimum of 7 years’ demonstrated senior level experience in facilities and infrastructure management
- Project Management experience
- Experience with facility and operations management principles
- Experience in writing RFPs and providing quality assurance on vendor work
- High level of knowledge working with computerized work management systems
- Demonstrates successful project management and leadership by defining, developing and meeting project requirements, goals, budget and schedule.
- Planning, fiscal, and forecasting experience with an understanding of how to keep costs to a minimum while providing best care for facilities.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices, and regulations, related to work management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Advanced knowledge of budgeting principles and practices
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of all federal, state, and local codes and ordinances pertinent to facilities planning, design, construction, and maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of organization structure workflow and operating procedures
- Advanced Knowledge of facilities and property maintenance
- Knowledge of typical procurement practices and theories
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Advanced proficiency in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions and making recommendations in support of goals; uses appropriate independent judgment to make decisions of a technical, management and/or administrative nature.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to work with sensitive, con?dential information discreetly, ethically, and in accordance with university policies and state policies.
- Act collaboratively to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism and service orientation
- Knowledge of sustainable practices in facilities management
- Work irregular and flexible hours as required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.