Email Marketing Specialist
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s Marketing department is seeking a full time Email Marketing Specialist.
This position works independently and is responsible for supporting the online marketing team with lead generation and nurturing activities. The primary responsibility for this position will be to execute email marketing campaigns from concept through completion, including analytics and recommendations. The individual should have a broad understanding of digital marketing, email best practices and target marketing based on a customer lifecycle.
- Execute strategic email campaigns targeting leads, alumni, students and faculty.
- Ensure that all email campaigns are executed in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain email campaign performance reports.
- Develop and maintain email templates.
- Work with cross-functional teams through implementation and compliance to produce effective email communications.
- Collaborate with IT, graphic designers and copywriters to optimize the design, content, targeting & messaging of email communications.
- Schedule emails for deployment.
- Ensures GCU branding standards are upheld.
- Assist with additional digital projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication, ecommerce or related field highly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word) required
- At least one year experience in email marketing, online marketing, internet marketing, or digital marketing highly preferred
- Basic knowledge of core technologies, including HTML, CSS, web activity reporting, and the principles of usable design preferred
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver or other html editor preferred
- Experience with responsive design a plus
- Experience with ExactTarget marketing software a plus
- Experience in development, testing and implementation of automated and event triggered email programs a plus
- Experience with Workamajig or other project management software a plus
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.