Director of Volleyball Operations
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Director of Volleyball Operations to organize, direct and coordinate the program's administrative operations. Will assist the Head Coach in preparation and control of the travel and equipment budget, as well as other aspects of the budget. Assists in the organization and management of all facilities associated with the program. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Administrative Support, Operations and Travel Management:
Organizes, directs and coordinates the administrative operations for GCU Volleyball programs. Coordinates with visiting teams and works with Event management to manage home game logistics. Manages scheduling of non-conference opponents in coordination with the program's supervisor. Attends Department Staff meetings. Assists the Head Coach in preparation of the travel budget. Coordinates travel planning. Assists university travel department with plans for team travel. Ensures issues related to hotel, airport and bus arrangements are addressed during team travel. Schedules practice sites of away games. Assists coaches with recruiting travel.
Responsible for the coding and breaking down film for scouting. Manages video exchange with other schools and uploads video using Video Sharing In cooperation with WAC and MIVA rules.
- Promotion, Representation and Recruiting:
Promotes a positive Image inside and outside of the University. Directs the production and execution of special promotional events and projects as assigned. Assists the marketing support staff with program promotional activities. Assists the communications support staff on media relations for the department. Assists the Recruiting coordinator with database management, NCAA permissible recruiting efforts and branding GCU volleyball.
- Equipment Management and Maintenance:
Assists the Head Coach and Assistant AD for Equipment Services in the preparation and control of the equipment budget. Assists In the purchase, inventory and safekeeping of program equipment. Liaison for student manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 2 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge and understanding of Division 1 volleyball and NCAA rules.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Student and diversity oriented.
- Knowledgeable of University, NCAA and appropriate conference rules and regulations.
- Certification in NCAA off-campus recruiting or ability to pass the testing requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record and occasionally operates University vehicles.
- CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.