Digital Marketing Content Writer
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is growing and we’re seeking to add a Digital Marketing Content Writer to our team. This position is responsible for collaborating with the Digital Content team to write and edit content for all gcu.edu and blogs.gcu.edu websites. Also responsible for posting, updating and occasionally cleaning up outdated content. Selected candidate will keep information displayed on the sites fresh, informative and appealing. The "content strategy" is to create, write and manage content so as to achieve business goals and be a voice for GCU.
- Assists with executing content marketing initiatives to drive traffic
- Responsible for maintaining/enhancing GCU Blogs, including content creation
- May participate in client facing meetings as needed to ensure effective understanding of the agreed upon content strategy ensuring that the strategy is doable.
- Reviews and edits copy for all GCU.edu websites, including gcu.edu, students.gcu.edu, alumni.gcu.edu taking into account both SEO and digital content best practices, voice, style and layout and maintaining website copy documents to ensure all content is tracked and up-to-date.
- Responsible for all the blog sites for blog.gcu.edu, including writing, editing and optimizing new and existing content as well as organizing
- Maintains effective business relationships with university client(s), internal marketing partners, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Digital Content Marketing team to ensure all pages are optimized.
- Ensures defined brand strategy is applied in all published content.
- Stays abreast of current concepts, techniques and technology to offer contemporary solutions.
- Bachelor degree in marketing or public relations/communications or related fields
- Minimum of two years’ experience developing content for Web.
- Experience writing, editing and optimizing blogs, using best SEO practices, AP writing style and client input, while still carrying out initiatives from leadership.
- Excellent planning, organizational and successful project management skills in order to translate, define, coordinate and manage project requirements based on stakeholders’ input.
- Knowledge of marketing analytics, ROI metrics and earned value assessment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships at all organizational levels.
- Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language and ability to provide clear communications among all stakeholders.
- Must be able to interact comfortably with high-level staff and executives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; cope with changing priorities and complete projects with competing deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), MS Project or similar project management software, social media platforms.
- Ability to think quickly and respond professionally and articulately in strategy and information meetings.
- High proficiency in attention to detail.
- An ability to work independently on a project or collaboratively as a team player and able to integrate with a diverse team with varying opinions and ideas.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.