Sr. BizTalk Developer
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Sr. BizTalk Developer to design, develop and deliver robust, scalable applications that will provide the greatest benefit to the University computing environment. BizTalk development is essential in this role!
- Works directly with business partners to develop the technical design of custom applications.
- Defines best practices for application coding and design.
- Works closely with business groups and development team to ensure that technical design and applications satisfy business needs.
- Establishes product roadmaps and schedules with input from business groups and the development team.
- Supports the definition, implementation of architectures, tools and processes to facilitate solution development.
- Able to interface and effectively integrate Microsoft Office product suite.
- Confer with users and team members to develop, understand and update requirements for configuration and development of software.
- Write and maintain programming documentation on subjects including code, API functionality, and software issue creation/resolution.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Maintain, support and troubleshoot Web applications hosted on a software as a service platform.
- Identify opportunities for application scalability, sustainability & improvement
- Evaluate customer or internally drive functionality change requests for technical feasibility and level of effort
- Prepare database schema for review and deployment
- Execute programming updates for application updates or enhancements per project.
- Conduct application software testing, prototype review, and quality assurance for stage and production release and post release monitoring and follow up.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software design and implementation; experience leading large projects, mentoring staff and creating problem-solving strategies.
- Must have BizTalk experience.
- Strong understanding of web servers, load-balancing, redundancy and 3-tier architecture; system development lifecycle processes; object-oriented development and principles.
- An equivalent combination of directly-related work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.