Deputy Title IX Investigator
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Deputy Title IX Investigator to work under general supervision from the Title IX Investigator. This position is responsible for managing an assigned caseload of investigations of incidents of alleged gender-based misconduct including: sexual assault, sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, intimate partner violence and stalking Involving University Students.
- Assists the Title IX Investigator with cases alleging student-related sexual assault, sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, relationship (dating) violence and stalking, and is assigned cases.
- Assists with intake, analysis and documentation of initial complaints of sexual misconduct and/or discrimination.
- For assigned cases: 1- Develop an investigation plan including timeline. 2- Interview the impacted party, respondent, and relative witnesses. Gathers relevant evidence. Act as a neutral party through all aspects of investigation and ensures a prompt, fait and neutral process for all parties. Advise impacted parties and respondents of their rights. Maintain a high level of confidentiality during all proceedings. 3- Ensure a well-documented Title IX investigative process. Maintain accurate and thorough records and notes of investigatory process. Create comprehensive written investigative reports for the Title IX Coordinator that clearly identify the issues investigated, summarize the evidence, correlate findings to University policy, and recommend appropriate remedial steps.
- Collaborate and consult with the lead Title IX Investigator/Director of Academic Compliance regularly to monitor and manage Title IX incidents to ensure an efficient and effective response to reported incidents.
- Provide periodic, timely updates regarding the status of complaints received and investigations in progress to Title IX Coordinator
- Collaborate with the lead Title IX Investigator/Director of Academic Compliance and Title IX Coordinator to identify and address any systemic problems. Work with other university stakeholders to ensure Title IX policies are communicated to all constituencies.
- Assist in maintaining requested statistics and data for reporting purposes, specifically use of Title IX database and management systems.
- Remains knowledgeable of current state and federal law, regulations, and trends in the field of education related to harassment and other discriminatory practices that violate Title IX.
- Assists in providing consultation and information regarding Title IX and VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) requirements to all involved parties.
- Assists in providing education, training, and outreach relating to Title IX and VAWA.
- Maintain current inventory of regulations and statutes relating to sex, gender based violence including, but not limited to, Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, VAWA, Campus Save Act, Clery Act and any new legislation on the subject.
- Bachelor??s degree required.
- Experience conducting investigations and in complaint/grievance resolution required
- Preferred knowledge would include: Title IX and Violence Against Women (VAWA) regulations, knowledge of Higher Education, Student Conduct practices, FERPA, or other related experience.
- Must be able to maintain professional composure and demeanor at all times and especially while dealing with difficult situations and people.
- Skilled in conducting investigations.
- Ability to defuse difficult situations and disputes.
- Ability to prioritize case workloads, researching federal, state guidelines as necessary.
- Capable of remaining objective and highly developed analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Well-developed ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality of data and information.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities.
- Self- motivated with the ability to initiate and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to handle report writing capabilities (such as basic queries) to successfully complete tasks.
- Strong computer knowledge and proficiency of internet, email, MS Office software products and relational databases.
- Ability to package and present analytical findings in an understandable manner to all levels of audiences.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Occasional weekends, evening or holiday work may occur.
- Knowledge of current state and federal law and regulations related to Title IX and VAWA compliance for educations institutions receiving federal assistance.
- Ability to manage multiple, on-going and complex caseload of Title IX-related incidents and complaints.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to create strong interpersonal relationships with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of complexities surrounding sexual assault and sexual harassment cases in a college setting with a diverse student body, including experience conducting investigations in a sensitive and confidential manner is required.
- Experience with project management, familiarity with working with large data bases, Excel and/or Access.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.