Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Database Developer. This position is responsible for managing and organizing electronic data according to corporate data administration policies and standards in order to ensure that the information needs of the users are met.
- Works with the infrastructure DBA to ensure the performance, availability, and security of the database.
- Writes and understands Microsoft SQL. Writing SQL statements, stored procedures and views using industry best practices for security and efficiency.
- Provides expert level support for reporting needs.
- Provides user support associated with development activities.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL development.
- Assists infrastructure DBA with routine performance and availability testing on database servers to ensure scalability, resiliency, and capacity of all applications.
- Provides expert level database administration support to 3rd party vendors, developers and others as needed. Works with implementation team to build, customize and roll out new solutions to organization and with consultants to design and build database structure specific to business needs.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading and researching available tools and products, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as assigned by the Senior Database Analyst.
- Contributes to the overall success of the IT Department by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical discipline acquired through a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years’ related experience in working with databases preferably in a high-availability production environment; experience in higher education with online services preferred, including:
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server databases’ installs
- BI/Data warehousing experience on Microsoft tools is helpful.
- Experience with Transactional SQL (T-SQL) and SSIS Packages.
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external and MS SQL database security, maintenance plans and disaster recovery.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, holidays as required to provide support and maintenance for systems, and to ensure 24/7 support and troubleshooting of business-critical database servers.
- Must be willing to work "on call" regularly.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.