Crew Supervisor - Maintenance and Trades
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCU’s staff or faculty expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Crew Supervisor for the Maintenance and Trades team within the skilled trades’ services area. The supervisor job sites and project quality, ensuring completion of work within timelines and daily inspection of work areas. The schedule for this position is Tuesday through Friday from 12:00pm to 9:00pm and Saturday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Oversee the start to finish remodeling of commercial office buildings.
- Create, modify and interpret blue prints and schematics.
- Provide costing evaluations for start to finish jobs, (carpet, drywall, electric, plumbing, paint, etc)
- Supervise and mentor general trades’ workers in areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and framing during remodel and construction projects.
- May be hands on with a variety of power tools in repairing, refurbishing, cleaning, installing work station cubicals, or repairing any structural element (walls, floors, windows) as needed.
- Ensures all equipment utilized is in good working condition; makes recommendations for equipment repair and maintenance.
- Ensures all crew members follow OSHA guidelines for performing daily work; ensures all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is utilized daily by all crew members.
- Provides recommendations to management regarding operational improvements either in service delivery, substitutes for equipment or supplies which would improve both operational efficiency and operational expenses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education, or GED required.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work cohesively with team members and facilities management.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Journeyman level carpenter and/or 3-5 years of new construction or remodel framing (metal and wood framing) preferred.Understanding of HVAC ventilation and duct work.
- Understanding of building codes and remodeling costing.
- Understanding of general electrical, framing, drywall, plumbing and HVAC.
- OSHA Certification(s) Preferred.
- Ability to cope effectively with changing priorities and urgent deadlines as dictated by management; ability to manage multiple activities in a professional manner.
- Willingness to work weekends, evenings, holidays as necessary.
- Work frequently and repetitively involves standing, walking, bending, reaching (above and below the shoulders), holding, grasping, steering, kneeling, stooping, squatting and to maneuver in low or narrow spaces.
- Frequently involves lifting, carrying and moving light to medium weight materials and object sizes up to 50 pounds.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.