Control Room Operator (Part Time)
Grand Canyon University is seeking a part time Arena Control Room Operator. This position is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the proper functioning of the control room equipment and systems, which includes, but is not limited to BMS, lighting, HVAC and fire systems.
- Supports shipping and receiving activities.
- Assists supervisor with coordination of loading dock entry and parking.
- Logs all arena building emergencies and notifies Arena Management and/or Public Safety Department.
- Answers the main Arena Control Room phone line and opens the loading dock gate.
- Monitors all BMS systems (Building Management Systems) including but not limited to: lighting, HVAC and fire alarm under the direction of Director of Operations.
- Check radios in and out to staff daily, as needed.
- May assist with interpreting signals from CCTV communications and alarm activations and initiating appropriate action.
- Will be required to operate a forklift at the arena loading dock, as needed.
- High school diploma, or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience for control room operations which involved emergency dispatch and coordination in facility with high volume events/activities, is preferred.
- Forklift certification is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations regarding safety and security of public facility.
- Cooperative, collaborative and a team player.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills; ability to speak Spanish or other non-English language, is preferred.
- Customer service oriented and demonstrates positive customer service in all interactions.
- Familiar with MS Office Suite, specifically MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Must have the flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays in order to support the Arena’s event driven schedule.
- Understands and knows all national fire code protocols as it pertains to a building of public assembly.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.