Clubs and Organizations Coordinator
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s department of Student Engagement is seeking a Clubs and Organizations Coordinator to facilitate student success through programs and services connecting students to campus and community organizations, activities, civic engagement and other students.
- Day-to-day oversight of the clubs program. Serves as general advisor to all clubs and as a primary advisor to clubs temporarily without a GCU advisor.
- Assists in identifying and developing student leaders.
- Provides leadership training to Club officers and representatives as well as supplemental training throughout the year.
- Coordinates, plans and implements related student activities on- and off-campus
- Responsible for club registration, club/council advisement and training, club funding and budgeting, facility management and risk management oversight.
- Assist students through the process to start new Clubs and Organizations on campus
- Generates new ideas and ways to engage students and to improve engagement with existing Clubs.
- Plans and conducts workshops, training and seminars.
- Assists Club Advisors and leadership in developing new Clubs and Organizations, researches and analyzes student needs to determine program direction and goals.
- Assists in developing Club policies and procedures in accordance with the University and departmental mission and philosophy.
- Acts as participating Board Member of GCU Clubs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of Clubs Program, collects information and prepares reports.
- Represents the University, department and Clubs to external groups.
- Plans, facilitates and attends meetings related to Clubs and student leadership.
- Assists Student Engagement Manager as needed.
- Communicates regularly with Club advisors and representatives to share information and resources; ensures website is updated regularly and accurately and keeps manuals and other written materials up to date.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of necessary supplies for student leaders to market events and activities.
- Performs administrative responsibilities as necessary which may involve clerical duties.
- May transport students to off-campus events or venues.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of (1) to three (3) years related work experience. College setting preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Flexibility with varying work schedules including evenings, holidays and weekends when necessary.
- Knowledge on Robert’s Rules of Order preferred but not required
- Must have a good driving record and submit a copy of the past 39-month driving history.
- Must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.