Cloud Support Specialist
Grand Canyon University’s College of Science, Engineering and Technology is hiring a Cloud Support Specialist. Under the general direction of the Department Head, this position provides technical support to the cloud infrastructure to deliver technology programs for the university.
- Work with curriculum development team and IT team to create and deploy virtual machine. templates for use in the learning management system by GCU faculty, staff and students.
- Work with technology faculty to develop technology requirements and specifications for courses and individual assignments for all university programs and pass onto IT development team.
- Serve as the technical point of contact to provide support of cloud environment, including creating, updating and troubleshooting virtual machines, systems troubleshooting and finding root cause of systems malfunction, resolving system/application issues, and for deployment in collaboration with faculty, IT and curriculum development staff.
- Analyze cloud usage reports and provide recommendations to management for operational/system efficiencies.
- Develop internal processes with CSET faculty, IT team, and curriculum development team for provisioning cloud resources from course creation to implementation.
- Collaborate and maintain effective relationships with CSET faculty, staff, students, IT team, and curriculum development team.
- Participate and/or support the university program in all areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 18 months’ experience with cloud service providers, such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Minimum 18 months’ experience with virtualization tools, such as VMWare.
- Minimum 18 months’ experience administering various operating systems, including Windows, MacOS, Linux, desktop and server operating systems.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite software.
- Ability to present technical information in succinct, understandable manner to audiences when necessary.
- Understands internet, intranet, extranet and client/server architectures.
- Ability to work day time hours; no on call support needed.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and/or industry certifications such as Network+, Cloud+, VMWare VCA, or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner preferred.
- Technology industry experience preferred.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.