Clinic Manager - Canyon Health and Wellness Center
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Clinic Manager for our Health and Wellness Center. This position is responsible for daily oversight of operational (Back office) activities of the Canyon Health and Wellness Center.
- Manages and integrates the daily activities of operational activities of the nursing and Health and Wellness Center staff, including coordination of staffing for clinical support and direct care providers, supplies and medication management.
- Resolves logistical and patient care problems presented by providers, nurses, medical assistants, and other operational staff.
- Provides direct patient care, patient education, and telephone advice/triage (nursing advice hotline) as necessary for operational coverage.
- Provides professional advice, answers questions, and communicates University and departmental policies, procedures to the staff.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to policies and procedures affecting patient care.
- Ensures center scope of responsibility meets accreditation standards and is at all times prepared for on-site inspection by external parties.
- Oversees the orientation of all new nurses and medical office staff and participates in the orientation/in-service training of staff and students.
- Participates in and leads accreditation and quality improvement activities. Identifies QI needs, tracks trends, monitors medications errors, and prepares and presents reports. Assures compliance with Arizona state regulations as they relate to provision of patient care. Recommends structural and procedural changes, and implements them to facilitate clinical activities and improve patient care.
- Responsible for developing and evaluating orientation sessions, programs, and educational presentations for the University staff and students by involving and engaging staff in processes.
- Represents voice of Canyon Health and Wellness on university committees planning for such things as emergency preparedness, the student support network, etc.
- Serves as voice of director in assigned tasks/projects or due to absence.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned for the success of the Health and Wellness Center.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Masters of Nursing preferred.
- Current R.N. AZ nursing license is required.
- CPR certification required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong ability to provide coaching to clinical staff to increase patient efficacy.
- Ability to create an environment of continuous learning and accountability.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of human anatomy, human systems, medical interactions and drug therapies
- Patient focused with excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to accurately diagnose patients and prescribe correct treatment; skilled in phlebotomy.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow HIPAA requirements
- Outstanding analytical, decision making and problem solving skills and ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to relate to diverse populations in a mature, sensitive and compassionate manner
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities and displays flexibility and ability to function in uncertain or ambiguous circumstances
- Proficient computer skills including electronic/digital medical records software systems
- Ability to maintain composure and emotional stability during periods of high stress
- Subscribes to continuous learning, maintains current knowledge of trends and updates in the university wellness and patient care field.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.