Canyon Enterprises Business Division Manager
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University has an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader to develop and grow our Canyon Promotions Division! The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take calculated risks to achieve growth goals.
This entrepreneurial role will initially focus on sourcing and producing products, creating operational efficiencies, and meeting the P&L targets by being able to supply all the GCU departments’ needs for branded products. The growth goals for the division are to be able to supply GCU and its educational partners/alliances with branded products. The leadership of the division is to create the tone and personality of the business by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices and a demonstrated commitment to GCU’s operational standards.
- Manage business operations including all sales and marketing efforts, customer relations, and product sourcing and production activities.
- Develop and execute all sales and sales marketing growth and profitability.
- Ensure profitability of business by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
- Negotiate and implement supplier agreements/contracts that meet the business needs and achieve sustainable relationship with suppliers.
- Drive process efficiencies and cost effectiveness while preserving customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership and direction to Operations/Production Manager and production staff which may include screen printers, graphic designers, shipping and receiving, procurement, and inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, entrepreneurial studies or marketing.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in management and P&L responsibility.
- Able to perform business travel which may include overnights and weekends (minimum 20% but will grow as business volume grows).
- Prefer experience in start- up business and/or desire to be part of a start- up enterprise.
- Knowledge of promotional sales and marketing business operations and ability to understand financial concepts.
- Solid understanding of supply logistics and the effect on warehouse fulfilment rates, inventory, and the results these areas have on division profitability.
- Proactive with outstanding customer service skills and ability to represent Grand Canyon University professionally.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.