Canyon 49 Restaurant Bartender
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a part time bartender to work at the brand new renovated GCU Hotel and Conference Center in Phoenix. The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining. Bartenders are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Working shift work and weekends, and public holidays, ensuring prompt timekeeping and attendance
- Adhere to employee conduct, uniform and personal hygiene requirements
- High School Degree or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in restaurant, hotel, golf course food operations as bartender.
- Demonstrates excellent customer services skills
- Knowledge of Mixology and ability to prepare cocktails timely and meeting service protocols.
- Ability to work with POS system
- Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation regulations and current Maricopa County certification
- Working knowledge of Responsible Service standards for alcohol and current certification
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays or extended hours as needed.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.