Call Center Specialist
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s Student Contact Center is currently seeking full time Call Center Specialists to assist with answering all incoming calls from the University’s main and toll free numbers. This position provides assistance with a variety of questions, comments or concerns from our potential students, current students, faculty and staff. The contact center is open Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and selected candidates will work a 40 hour per week shift within those hours.
- Answer, screen, and route calls from students, prospective students and personnel in a timely and accurate manner.
- Enter potential student inquiries into inquiry management database with high quality and attention to detail.
- Conduct Live Chat conversations with students and prospective students by responding with professional and accurate responses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School degree required.
- 1-3 years customer service experience within a call center environment.
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to navigate in multiple systems.
- Ability to type 20 wpm while interacting with callers and system-based tools.
- Possess a level of communication skills to accurately collect, relay and track information is necessary.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit a positive, friendly and outgoing demeanor.
- Must be dependable, punctual, and customer service oriented.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.