Bowling Center Technician
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Bowling Center Technician/Mechanic. Under the direction of the Bowling Center Manager, the Technician performs preventative maintenance and repair of bowling lane equipment. Ensures lanes, pinsetters, pins, bowling balls, ball returns, scoring equipment and all other related mechanical systems are operating at the highest levels of efficiency.
- Maintains bowling lanes, pinsetters, pins, ball returns bowling balls, scoring equipment and all other related mechanical components.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair of automatic bowling lane equipment (e.g., cleans, waxes and patches bowling pins, pinsetters, lanes and approaches, maintains and replaces conveyor belts, fuses and indicator lights; repairs and adjusts ball returns, and score tables).
- Performs more complex repairs of automatic bowling lane equipment.
- Maintain lane machine, including replacing and repairing parts.
- Replaces belts with wear and tear.
- Adjusts parts on turret including wires, spoons, trip lever, pin release lever, etc.
- Adjusts and replaces parts on gear box such as clutch release link.
- Replaces deck parts including spotting fingers, chutes, pulleys, etc.
- Replaces parts overall such as rakes, pit conveyors, elevator ball lift parts, cross conveyor parts, frame parts, ball accelerator, etc.
- Replaces fuses and relay kits in electrical control box.
- Works at service counter; issues lanes, rents shoes and other auxiliary game equipment; collects monies, handles deposits. Instructs customers in use of alley and scoring.
- Identifies replacements parts and supplies; prepares orders.
- Maintains accurate records of parts, costs and machine performance.
- Trains and oversees hourly pin chaser employees.
- Assists in preparing annual forecasting of major improvements and repair programs.
- Refurbishes and repairs pins as needed.
- Must be willing to work a variety of day, night and weekend shifts.
- Must have valid drivers’ license.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Formal training in bowling center equipment preferred, certifications a plus.
- Two years’ experience in maintaining and repairing bowling and pinsetter equipment.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.