Bootcamp Instructor - Java Programming - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Java Boot Camp Instructor and Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. Through hands-on, project-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure. It also features pre-professional degrees in biology, alongside our degrees in information systems and engineering, and forensic science and exercise science programs.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
This position develops and provides instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual’s teaching assignment.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. This is a 12 month position. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches software development utilizing Java within a cohort model.
- Assists students outside classroom hours.
- Stays current on topics and practices related to the discipline.
- Assists administration in driving curriculum design & development.
- Works with University leadership on strategic planning initiatives advancing technology education.
- Develops and administers forward-thinking short and long term plans for development and growth.
- Provides vision and leadership promoting consensus building and collaboration.
- Assists the University in building a solid foundation for growth of science, engineering, and technology programs.
- Fosters and promotes diversity and collegiality among faculty, students, and staff and is an advocate for change.
- Develops and maintains relationships with industry contacts to support internship programs, project collaborations and industrial mentoring.
- Actively supports college/university mission and initiatives.
- Actively participates on college and/or university committees.
- Assists the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University.
- Provides leadership to adjunct faculty.
- Active engagement in professional development activities.
- Compliance with all college and University policies.
- Willingness to assume other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Java programming
- Holds multiple certifications in computer programming or related fields, above and beyond their degree credentials.
- An extensive, advanced and current knowledge of computer programming and computer science or closely related field.
- Deep knowledge of Java SE, and Java EE, with experience in Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with web services such as REST and SOAP
- Familiarity with higher education, curriculum planning, best teaching and administrative practices; or a record of excellent in teaching.
- Understanding of the various methods of adult learning, education deployment/delivery including distance education/online services and classroom
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Master’s degree in a technical field, education, MBA, or closely related field, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Comprehensive and extensive Industry experience, and interdisciplinary teaching experience.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.