Bartender Canyon 49 Grill
Grand Canyon University is seeking full time bartenders to work at the brand new renovated GCU Hotel and Conference in Phoenix. The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining. Bartenders are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Provide exceptional customer service in all touch points with customers (information, greeting, Food service, bar service, retail service).
- Working shift work and weekends, and public holidays, ensuring prompt timekeeping and attendance
- Promote a positive perception of the Company at all times both internally & externally
- Adhere to employee conduct, uniform and personal hygiene requirements
- Report any incidents of complaint, accident, fire, loss or damage
- High School Degree or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in restaurant, hotel, golf course food operations as bartender.
- Ability to work a minimum of 4 shifts a week. This may include doubles or consecutive closing and opening shifts.
- Demonstrates excellent customer services skills.
- Knowledge of Mixology and ability to prepare cocktails timely and meeting service protocols.
- Ability to work with POS system.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation regulations and current Maricopa County certification.
- Working knowledge of Responsible Service standards for alcohol and current certification.
- Self- motivated and shows initiative to start and complete tasks.
- Good communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays or extended hours as needed.
- Ability to pass background investigations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.