Audio Visual Technician / Installer
Grand Canyon University is seeking a new Audio Visual Technician / Installer. Under general direction, the AV Technician will provide technical support by way of configuration, updating, and maintenance of various audio and video equipment used in campus operations. Operates as tier 1 troubleshooter for all hardware and software configurations of all audio and visual media control systems and end devices used throughout campus.
- Test integrated systems and performs troubleshooting when required
- Assist the Audio-Visual Engineer and Supervisor with projects and commissioning of systems
- Assist end user with training and system setup for presentation and general use as needed, including large meeting spaces
- Conduct testing, firmware updates, and maintenance on Audio Visual systems and components
- Read and interpret electronic schematics, and single line drawings
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma of equivalent
- 1+ year of experience with AV systems and basic technology troubleshooting
- Coursework or certificate in AV systems or related technology preferred
- MS Office Suite
- Proficient understanding of audio and video signals
- Proficient in basic signal flow troubleshooting
- PC knowledge including communication methods between PC and Devices
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.