Athletic Facilities and Operations Coordinator
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking an Athletics Facilities & Operations Coordinator. This position Coordinates and oversees the daily operations, services and event management of assigned athletic facilities and equipment. Also serves as primary game manager for up to 5 GCU athletic sports.
- Coordinates assigned athletic facility operations ensuring optimal service to customers.
- Organizes and manages facility logistics that may include but is not limited to scheduling programs and events, equipment maintenance, facility inspections, and inventory for GCU’s athletic facilities.
- Coordinates with others, internally and externally, to ensure that facility needs are communicated, coordinated, and executed seamlessly.
- Assists with the development of facility maintenance plans and ensures that all issues are resolved in a timely manner and within code.
- Serves as primary liaison with GCU Facilities Maintenance Staff to ensure all requests are completed.
- Coordinates the purchase of facility equipment and/or services.
- Performs physical inspections of the facilities on a routine basis ensuring that safety and appearance issues have been appropriately addressed.
- Serves as the point of contact for all assigned facilities.
- Monitors the scheduling of maintenance, staffing levels, and operational standards for assigned facilities.
- Complies with all applicable National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Western Athletic
- Conference (WAC) regulations in the performance of job duties.
- Assist in coordination preparation of supplies and execution of athletic programs; facilitate registration and other participant needs such as supplies, uniforms, and sports gear; review performance of athletic programs for enhancement opportunities with a goal of leading the field in the delivery of programs
- Communicate with various customers as appropriate so as to review expectations and determine program options, workforce requirements and resource allocation
- Assist with hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of athletic staff;
- Communicate and enforce general and program specific safety policies; record appropriate accident/incident documentation
- Assist with the purchase of equipment and/or services as appropriate
- Request equipment maintenance and/or maintain inventory record system
- Assist as directed with special events hosted by GCU Athletics Department
- Manage inventory, rental and other services within budgeted guidelines.
- Supervise "contracted" staff during event as needed.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred. Degree in management, building science, or sports administration preferred.
- Two years’ work experience in facility management or sports event operations.
- An equivalent combination of work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Knowledge of event management
- Knowledge of NCAA and WAC rules and regulations as they relate to event operations.
- Must pass a background check including fingerprinting.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.