Assessment Specialist - College of Education
Grand Canyon University’s College of Education is seeking an Assessment Specialist. Selected candidate will be responsible for day-to-day data collection and operational management of the assessment systems and processes within the College of Education.
This position requires advanced knowledge in the field of work and are responsible for highly complex assignments; the scope of responsibility is significant; and the job function has considerable impact within the specified department(s). This role typically does not supervise, but may coordinate or oversee the activities of other employees.
- Maintains, builds and monitors files and databases documenting COE assessment plans, related implementation activities, and progress towards achieving program and university goals (programmatic assessment, program reviews, and faculty content reviews)
- Maintains and supports data analytics for COE Unit Effectiveness reports (field experience, PLN, etc.)
- Gather, analyze, and reports data required to support national accreditation requirements - i.e. AAQEP
- Develops COE-specific reports and filings, including but not limited to Pearson and ETS-specific content and pedagogy testing (NES, AEPA, Praxis, etc.) and other federal and accreditation reporting requirements
- Reviews and analyzes end-of-course surveys and data (SEOCS, FEOCS, EOPS, AM&T), and other relevant data and metrics to develop bi-annual Data Dialogue reports for COE
- Participates in the peer reviewing and credit hour analysis of all COE programmatic and continuing education courses
- Assist with other data projects and activities as assigned by the Deans and Director of Assessment and Program Operations
- Assists in monitoring procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of current and evolving assessment practices and tools.
- Participate in college or university activities/committees/events as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with analysis of data and report management experience / theoretical knowledge required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of experience working with large-scale assessment programs or large-scale applications(data sets, programs, and/or applications) of similar complexity
- Prefer experience in higher education environment.
- Advanced proficiency in word processing, presentation preparation, spreadsheet (advanced Excel functionality) and database management software.
- Strong knowledge of database management and strong ability to query databases.
- Knowledge of standard measures and statistical tools used in educational assessment, accountability or evaluation specialty area.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.