Grand Canyon University is seeking an Articulation Specialist. This role performs confidential specialized technical and administrative tasks in connection with registration, records, academic progress and success, and status of students throughout a student’s lifecycle. All functions within OAR will have tasks associated with retrieving data, entering data, analyzing record data to ensure students’ records are accurate, analyzing transfer credits, monitoring progress in degree completion, analyzing and executing waivers and exceptions, and entering grades achieved. All functional roles must adhere to all Education Regulatory requirements and maintain the service agreement levels of customer service.
- Researches, interprets, clarifies, and applies varied and complex policies, regulations, procedures and guidelines related to registration, matriculation, residency, student academic status, course class conflicts, transfer credits, degree progress, student eligibility related to athletic participation
- Responds to inquiries pertaining to registration/academic requirements and procedures, including those from other specialists and/or admissions personnel according to the agreed upon Service Level guidelines.
- Maintains student records utilizing approved student record system which may include: data entry, retrieval of data, external transcript review and coursework data entry, and college catalog data.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of programs, services, policies and procedures that relate to all aspects of academic record keeping.
- Provides information on such topics as, transfer requirements, graduation status, academic progress status, status of registration to requestors, which may be potential students, parents of students, admissions personnel, college personnel following FERPA guidelines.
- Orders, proofs, corrects and updates student records according to all Education Regulatory requirements.
- Investigates and troubleshoots student record integrity issues when identified.
- Handles escalated issues from Student Service Counselors and other graduation team members.
- Recommends process improvements to management as a participating team member in assisting the continuous improvement efficiency efforts.
- Collaborates with all stakeholders by creating learning tools and other materials to assist in collective knowledge and learning sharing.
- May assist with other departmental projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- One year relevant work experience in higher education preferred.
- Ability to learn and understand and follow records and admissions policies, rules and procedures.
- Ability to quickly learn student record system and how to enter and retrieve data.
- Strong ability to organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow up on tasks with a minimum of direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and/or in team environments.
- Understanding and knowledge of effective customer service principles and practices and ability to adhere to customer service standards
- Ability to create clear and concise written communications (e-mails) to transmit status of student record information
- Ability to learn all of the University’s programs of study and course pre-requisites
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and take appropriate action, resolve problems using independent judgment and decision-making processes
- Ability to sustain regular work attendance
- Able to perform difficulty and technical records evaluation duties
- Strong skill in finding ways to structure or classify multiple pieces of information
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Ability to work in high volume, high demand environment with frequent interruptions.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including Excel spreadsheets
- Must be willing to maintain a high degree of business ethics and integrity.
- Must be willing to adhere to student confidentiality of information (FERPA).
- Must be willing to work as needed, evenings and weekends during high demand times.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.