Administrative Support Associate - Public Safety
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Public Safety Administrative Support Associate. The Administrative Support Associate assists in accomplishing the duties and responsibilities of the department by performing a variety of administrative and office support functions, creates and maintains specialized reports, records and files required in connection with department work processes, handles special projects and assists with data entry, maintenance and operation of any and all software applications/databases.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information/documents with discretion exercised in releasing such information.
- Prepare and update various forms, charts, materials, and informational handouts using desktop publishing or other applicable computer programs.
- Prepare staff reports, monthly statistical reports, and other documents for distribution to department staff and or other departments.
- Research and prepare required reports and ensure approval by following protocol of approval before submission.
- Maintain requisite department schedules and may assist with management personnel travel accommodations.
- Serve at time as front line customer service greeter to department or serve as primary telephone responder to general call-ins to department; handle information needs and if subject matter is filing a complaint, gather agreed upon information and inform person of next steps in process.
- Ensure all records filing is done according to established protocol and in concert with regulatory guidelines for retention of files.
- Assist with recruitment process to ensure all new department personnel have access to all required systems, office, campus, equipment, uniforms on start date.
- Prepare purchase orders when applicable.
- Receive and process all receipts, purchase requests and invoices through COUPA; verify accuracy.
- Verify department invoices for accuracy, code invoices with appropriate accounting number and obtain management approval before submission.
- Ad hoc projects which may involve data analysis, research and documentation.
- Maintain event calendar which serves as central resource for events coverage by full time or part time public safety personnel.
- Assist with maintenance and data entry of access badges; coordinate all access and restricted access through parking coordinator to ensure accuracy of employee badge access.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two year of experience in a position which requires performance of tasks similar to the major duties and responsibilities of the role, preferably in higher education and/or public safety environment.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing
- Strong computer skills, operating word processing, software and spreadsheets.
- Examine data to identify issues, draw conclusions and resolve routine customer or administrative process problems.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record and must be insurable.
- Must successfully pass background checks.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.