Administrative Assistant II
Grand Canyon University’s Environmental, Health and Safety Department is currently seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant II to provide high-level administrative support to the management staff. The Administrative Assistant II has thorough knowledge of standard business and office processes and procedures, and also works under general direction exercising independent judgment with regard to managing the office and affairs of the department.
- Provides administrative and office support services to the department enabling them to focus on high level objectives and goals.
- Manages the requisite calendars, coordinating calendars with university offices, faculty, students, management and external parties to set up meetings and supervise the arrangement of related logistics such as site locations, reservations, travel arrangements, audio-visual equipment, catering, etc.
- Provides daily briefing for the department head including calendar, agendas, and background material as needed.
- Maintains and prioritizes the department head’s agenda and to-do lists and assists with follow through.
- Responsible for proofreading department materials for accuracy.
- Assists with the coordination of campus visits by various guests. Presents a professional and welcoming image for the reception area, greeting and directing guests, faculty, staff and students, answering phones, responding appropriately to inquiries and handling incoming and outgoing mail appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Attends meetings which require note taking and distributes. Follows up on action items occurring and delegated as necessary.
- Proactively maintains an appropriate inventory of necessary office supplies and orders and replenishes supplies as necessary to within budget.
- May coordinate hiring of student workers, assigning work to student workers, verifying and approving time for payroll reporting, and providing guidance regarding the University’s processes and procedures.
- Assists with planning and organizing special events, conferences, meetings, etc. This may include arranging vendors, booking conference or meeting space, scheduling speakers or talent, invitations, marketing/promotional materials, oversight of budgets and coordinating/synchronizing efforts with other staff, such as Event Services.
- Maintains physical and electronic files and may prepare reports which may include highly sensitive information.
- Works with all levels of internal management and staff to provide smooth communication flow to senior executive management.
- Answers questions about the University and provides callers/visitors with address, directions and other information, when necessary.
- Prepares expense reports and submits for management and reconciles expenses.
- Handles filing, copying and routing of documents including student information, human resources information and sensitive business information.
- High School graduate or equivalent required and minimum of 3 years’ directly related work experience OR Bachelor’s degree preferred and 1 year directly related work experience.
- Excellent communications skills with a good command of the English language and good editing and proofreading skills.
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office applications including Word and Excel; calendar software; basic proficiency with databases and the ability to quickly learn new applications such as e-procurement software, point of sale systems, database management applications, etc.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.