Adjunct - Senior Project I - Online - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology . Through hands-on, inquiry-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure. It also features pre-professional degrees in biology, alongside our degrees in information systems, and a forensic science and exercise science program.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Course Description: CST-451: Senior Project I:
- The first capstone course provides students the opportunity to work in teams to tackle real world applied research and design projects in their chosen area of interest. Students develop a project proposal, conduct a feasibility study, learn to protect intellectual property, develop teamwork skills, budgets, and a schedule for completing the project. Students conduct extensive research, integrate information from multiple sources, and work with a mentor through multiple cycles of feedback and revisions. Students use this course to further develop technical writing and business presentation skills. This is a writing intensive course. Prerequisite: CST-410 or CST-424.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Minimum: Masters in any field (Life Science or Physical Science or Engineering preferred) possessing 12 graduate credits in Computer Science or Computer Programming or Software Development or Software Engineering. Preferred: Doctorate with an emphasis in Computer Science or Software Development or Software Engineering or Mathematics or Electrical Engineering. All instructors must have 3 or more years experience in Computer Programming AND 5 or more years experience mentoring students or employees. What we would need is someone with very good industry experience who has designed and built modern mobile and web applications. They need a solid background in computer programming/software development and/or enterprise architecture with an very good understanding the full SDLC process. Candidates should be able to mentor students on writing effective project proposals, writing functional and non-functional requirements, solution and technical design, and be able to read code
* At a minimum one or more of the Java/C#/PHP programming languages.
* At a minimum one or more of the Enterprise/Spring/.NET/PHP Laravel web stacks.
* At a minimum one or more of the Azure/AWS/Heroku/Google Cloud Platforms.
* A plus would be experience in Angular/React/Express/NodeJS frameworks.
* A plus would be experience in Android and/or iOS mobile applications.
* A plus would be experience as an Enterprise, Solution, or Application architect.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000021347