Adjunct - Online - Dissertation Chair (PhD) - College of Doctoral Studies
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Doctoral Studies , which offers programs tailored towards the interests of our students, including: Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership, Doctor of Business Administration , and Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology. Specializations are offered that respond to the needs of a global society.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Manage dissertation committee members and methodologists
- Provide oversight to the doctoral learner and the required dissertation processes and procedures
- Support processes and procedures for providing quality dissertations
- Facilitate the IRB process supporting doctoral learner research
- Maintain records and updates as required by the college for each learner, including the dissertation management system
- Minimum: Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution is required. Doctorate of Philosophy in Psychology or related field. Scholarly publications/presentations required.
- Scholarly publications/presentations required. DOI (Digital Object Identifier) number needed.
- At least 3 years experience with dissertation committee.
- At least 3 years experience teaching graduate level statistics or research methods (qualitative or quantitative or and mixed) coursework.
- At least 5 years of progressive professional experience using statistics or demonstrated expertise through scholarly research as an academic or professional researcher (minimum: project or program design and evaluation or secondary data analysis or primary data collection and analysis).
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Before submitting your application, please attach the following for review:
- Please ensure your resume includes list of scholarly publications and at least 3 years of dissertation committee experience
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you? Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000024148