Adjunct - Financial Research and Compliance - Online - Colangelo College of Business
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Course Description: ACC-616- Financial Research and Compliance
This course provides students with applied research experience using electronic databases to determine proper application of GAAP, IASs, and IFRSs to practical situations. Students develop the skills needed to access accounting, auditing, and taxation rules and regulations; company financial statements; and related industry data used for analyzing financial statements.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession.
- Preferred: PhD/DBA Accounting or Doctorate in a accounting related discipline AND Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Current and Valid CPA or CMA is required
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or Masters in Accounting required if Doctorate is not in a business discipline.
- Minimum: Masters in Accounting or Masters in Business Administration (MBA) AND Must meet two exceptional experience criteria: a. Significant accounting work experience. b. Management experience of significant level and duration in the accounting field. c. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certified within the past 10 years. d. Currently enrolled in a terminal or doctoral degree program in accounting or business with a minimum of 18 credits successfully completed.
- Current and Valid CPA or CMA is required
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you? Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000023778